ITC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
First Live online class starts Sunday 7th June, enquire for details.
Providers of vocational training in the UK must usually have an entry level teaching qualification as a minimum in order to teach regulated qualifications, such as First Aid, Health & Safety and Manual Handling.
We specialise in outdoor and medical education. However this course teaches you the fundamental teaching principles, that can be applied to forest school, bush craft and other outdoor education as well as mainstream classroom teaching in any subject.
It is a widely delivered qualification and replaced the popular PTLLS qualification in 2014.
Your tutor has 30 years teaching experience in voluntary, public and private sector education and is currently employed as a Senior lecturer and programme lead in a UK university.
Topics include; roles and responsibilities, legislation, professional boundaries, inclusion, differentiation, teaching and learning theory, lesson planning and delivery, assessment, evaluation, professional standards and professional development. Candidates should be prepared to prepare, deliver sessions and evaluate each other.
The assessment of this qualification can be tailored to specific learner requirements but typically candidates are assessed on evidence generated by written assignments, micro teaching, assessment and reflective practices.
- The delivery may be in an intensive week or spread over a number of weeks
- Can be delivered face to face or remotely
- The delivery will take into account the context of education and training and prepares individuals for teaching in a wide range of subject specialisms
- Assignment assessment evidence can be generated at a pace to suit each candidate
- Mentor support
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining ITC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
• Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
• Understanding & using inclusive teaching & learning approaches in education & training
• Understanding the principles and practices of assessment