Pet First Aid Level 2
Next couse 14th June 2020 LIVE online
When people think of first aid, they often do not think about their pets. Pets have accidents the same as humans and knowing what to do should the worst happen is a simple thing to learn with basic training. Pet first aid is not aimed to replace veterinary care but it will help you to recognise an emergency, calm your pet and reduce the risks of delayed treatment.
Learning pet first aid is fun and informative and will give you the skills to deal with a pet emergency should it arise.
This is a live course. streamed directly to your computer or phone where you can watch demonstrations and talk to the tutor.
Downloadable Pet First Aid Manual and information sheets avalable with the course.
Cetrificate sent to you after by email
- What is Pet First Aid and who can deliver it ?
- ID Tags and Micro-chipping
- Checking your Pet’s Health
- Anatomy of a Domestic Dog and Cat
- Making a house pet safe
- Road Accidents
- How pets show pain
- Safe use of Muzzles when treating pets
- Treating chocking in pets
- Pet rescue breaths and Resuscitation
- Drowning Pets
- Spinal injuries
- Mild, moderate and catastophic bleeding
- Impaled objects
- Wound sprays and wipes
- Using Vet wrap, dressings and bandages
- Tail Injuries
- Skin infections
- Paw problems
- Ears, Eyes and mouth Injuries
- Inuries from sticks
- What not to feed your pet
- How to collect a urine sample
- Snake bites
- Gastric, Dilation and Volvulus
- Kennel Cough
- Alabama foot rot
- Blue green algae
- Older and younger pets
- Small animal care
- Travelling with your pets