Security Dog First Aid Level 2
Next couse 14th June 2020 LIVE online
This course is approved by NASDU for the requirement of pet first aid in their standards. First aid is important to know for your security dog not only to comply with associations and local authorities but also for animal welfare and to help a dog in need. The nature of working with dogs will pose a risk that they may be harmed in the course of their work or transport.
We have designed this course to meet the NASDU learning outcomes and added a few extra modules to ensure full understanding.
This is a live course. streamed directly to your computer or phone where you can watch demonstrations and talk to the tutor.
Downloadable Pet First Aid Manual and information sheets avalable with the course.
- What is Dog First Aid and who can deliver it ?
- ID Tags and Micro-chipping
- Checking your Dogs Health
- Anatomy of a Domestic Dog
- Making a house dg safe
- Road Accidents
- How pets show pain
- Safe use of Muzzles when treating pets
- Treating chocking in dogs
- Pet rescue breaths and Resuscitation
- Drowning dogs
- Spinal injuries
- Mild, moderate and catastophic bleeding
- Impaled objects
- Wound sprays and wipes
- Using Vet wrap, dressings and bandages
- Tail Injuries
- Skin infections
- Paw problems
- Ears, Eyes and mouth Injuries
- Inuries from sticks
- What not to feed your dog
- How to collect a urine sample
- Snake bites
- Gastric, Dilation and Volvulus
- Kennel Cough
- Alabama foot rot
- Blue green algae
- Older and younger pets
- Travelling with your dogs
- Inducing vomiting in dogs
- Record Keeping for security / working dogs
Cetrificate sent to you after by email
This qualification is also endorsed by TQUK to give an extra level of approval. If you require an endorsed certificate there is an additional small charge